Monday, June 4, 2012

Things I will do this week



1) Finish reading Doctor Zhivago.

I watched the updated miniseries a few weeks ago starring Keira Knightley. I love everything she does and I had an extended Russian obsession when I was in high school, including attempting to learn Russian. Then there are the Edwardian era costuming and all the eastern style embroidery.


And yes, I know this isn't Keira but look at the embroidery on that peasant top.
::sigh::

So clearly this book and I were meant to be. Just you wait until the new Anna Karinina update comes out. You will all hate me. You're welcome in advance.


2) Not shank pinky's dance teacher.

I could bore you with the long story of how I nearly hurt that woman hard but suffice to say, she is not my favorite person and we are heading into the home stretch towards recital. If she cuts her eyes at me one more time, I might do something to permanently alter her ability to do so in the future. Apparently, asking her what I need to do with this kid's hair isn't worthy of her time unless I'm also paying for expensive private lessons and/or am willing to shell out ridiculous amounts of money to put an ad in the recital program. I guess I just don't like my kid enough. And what I dislike even more is being ignored and then yelled at when someone fails to provide the information I've spent weeks asking for.

Pray for this woman's eyeballs.

3) Weed the garden and plant the limas and more bush beans.

This one should be easy peasy and I bought a nifty new gardening hat for a whole three dollars at walmart. It looks delightfully stupid.

4) Finish the smocking on pudding's Easter outfit.

I'm not sure why I'm calling it the Easter outfit anymore. We all know what month it is. I don't know what it is about Easter but this is the second year in a row I've failed to produce awesome outfits for this particular holiday even after all that planning, ordering and even cutting. If I don't get this damned thing done soon, it won't fit the kid at all.

5) Start my pretty lace shawl.

Someone think good thought for my doofy behind because I really think I must have accidentally got into the good stuff if I'm actually laboring under the delusion that I'll be able to finish this thing. Hell, at least the yarn is pretty. I'll share all the details tomorrow, for swears.

So that's my list. Feel free to yell at me if you think I won't meet my goals. Just make sure the dance studio lady hasn't pissed me off or you might not get the results you're looking for.

Unless you're willing to provide an alibi, of course.

1 comment:

  1. I have an amendment...

    1a. Start reading Flowers in the Attic and/or A Feast for All Saints so you can speak intelligently to it about the most fabulous chick you know!

    ReplyDelete