Saturday, October 6, 2012

My poor pudding



Everyone, save mr man is working with some version of the plague. Congestion, fever, nasty cough, gross sore throats, and a general ick feeling as evidenced by my kid's over it face above.

Sick children are the ultimate in parenting mixed feelings. On one hand, you feel awful that your babies are sick. The sad, pathetic coughs, the listlessness, and that glazed empty look that comes from being hopped up on cold medicine. On the other, if they'd only go to sleep, dammit, maybe they'd feel better or at least you wouldn't have to listen to them whine.

In honor of the gross that has descended upon our household, allow me to present my easy peasy, really shouldn't be a recipe at all recipe for veggie whatever meat you have on hand beef soup.



The ingredient list is incredibly short and the instructions are ridiculously easy making this the perfect soup to pick up when you hit up to grocery store for nyquil and the good kleenex after a run to the school nurse.

1/4 - 1/2 poundish of ground beef (I had some sausage in the fridge so I used that instead.)
3 bags of frozen veggie blend
1 large can of diced tomato
2 cans of chicken broth
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano

Brown the ground beef. Toss in the rest of the list, add some water until there is enough to fill the pot. Season to taste. Profit.

And here's a bonus pic of my babies.



Stellar photoquality, I know. I've got my fingers crossed I'll be able to get a fancy, if not new than new to me camera for my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment